PsychedelicBeat65 PsychedelicBeat65

Yeah...

...good luck getting a good score on NG with anything that's intentionally lo-fi, I don't think a lot of people on here can wrap their brains around things like that. I thought this was pretty good. Nice subtle changes, interesting synth sounds, would make a great intro!

6/3

Röt (The Nature of Decay) Röt (The Nature of Decay)

Excellent!

I really dug this! You've got some excellent slow buildups in here, which does make for a pretty "epic" track. When that tom driven beat came in @ about 1:30 this really started rocking. The layering of all this different synths at the end worked great as well!

My only criticism would be concerning the overall production quality of the track, there seems to be a lot of clipping from cranking things up just a notch to high in the volume department, takes a little of the impact of the beats away and causes some "bad" distortion, but it certainly didn't keep me from enjoying this!

Keep up the solid work!

HarvestThrone responds:

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! And yeah this one still hasn't gone through the mastering process yet and I'm probably going to edit a few things. Thanks for the review!

In Her Music Box (She Hides) In Her Music Box (She Hides)

Great Title

I dug this a lot, it would make a great intro to just about any style, I can see it leading almost anywhere.

Anyway I think you achieved exactly the kind of sound you set out for, great work!

DjRocALot responds:

Thank you very much dude! :)

Roc A Lot

-=electrobeat=- -=electrobeat=-

Yeah...

...what he said. I really liked the bass-y retro-80s beat, but the synths sound pretty random and atrocious. Maybe you should listen to some old-school like Cybotron, Jonzun Crew, or even Maggotron to get some ideas for what to do with what is a pretty decent beat.

Tibol responds:

:( im srry

Pariah. Pariah.

Um.

The intro was well done and had me looking forward to the beat breaking in, but when it did it was a bit disappointing. You have some good melodies and great structure but the overall sound is REALLY weak.

The drums need way more impact, the kick sound is alright but it's buried in the mix, the hi-hat needs more bite (I can barely hear it) that strange chiptune-like fuzz on the snare is not working. You could really use some crash cymbals/gongs/sheet metal/explosions, any thing to jar the ears a bit.

Good effort for sure, bu it's all just too smooth, like an elevator music version of industrial.

2/4

HarvestThrone responds:

I know. I'm still going back and editing a lot of my work, but keep in mind that I don't work with outside samples. All I have is what FL Studio comes with, and unfortunately I don't have the money to buy awesome programs or torrent on this computer because it's not mine. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind for when I master it though. Thanks for the review!

StarDevil (Preview) StarDevil (Preview)

Fuzziness?

Just try lowering all the levels equally across the board, louder isn't always better.

freaky outy (cover) freaky outy (cover)

I already know...

This is going to get bombed by less open-minded ears, but I think your guitar and bass noises are tits. Are those bongos!? -4

Its You Its You

Not Bad

For 2-3 hrs. this is solid. Has a real EBM kind of feel for me (if your not familiar with the style, check it out. It could possibly help inspire your future work on this track).
The whole thing could use some compression, however. A lot of it is going into the red with some bad distortion. Looking forward to the finished piece. -4

cRAVE01 responds:

wow, thank you so much for the review! I certainly will check out some EBM to see if I can make the update any longer! I'll try and work with some compression

thanks again for the reviews. I'll check out your stuff

Bazztest (the Fat Guy) Bazztest (the Fat Guy)

Well...

I guess that is some bassy bass. I don't know if it's my cans, but I'm also getting some bad distortion from it in parts. The bassy beat thing is pretty cool overall, and I like the EBM-style arpeggiator, but the riff on the lead synth gets annoying pretty fast. Maybe switch it up a bit?

Walk Wit It Walk Wit It

808!

I'm a sucker for the TR-808 drum sounds you used, but I would consider adding a second kick drum with a little more midrange and punch, especially since the 808-style kick is doubling as the bass line. I really liked the overall melody to this as well, real dramatic and powerful. Good work. -4